International Students

Explore the world of make-up artistry.

Each year, MUD welcomes students from around the world – at our Campuses in Los Angeles and New York. If you are an international student who is interested in traveling to the U.S. to study at our Los Angeles or New York Campuses, here’s what you need to know in order to enroll and study at MUD.

  • While make-up artistry is a visual art, minimal English language proficiency is required. Students must demonstrate proficiency in the English language in order to apply. 
  • Students who completed secondary school in a country where English is a primary language can provide proof of proficiency with a U.S. high school diploma, GED or the equivalent. 
  • Students who completed secondary school in a country where English is not a primary language can provide proof that they have successfully completed a secondary-school English language course, or a minimum TOEFL score of 50. 
  • If you have attended secondary school outside of the U.S., you must provide documents that offer proof of completion of compulsory/customary secondary education in your native country, such as the equivalent of the American High School diploma. All records or transcripts covering secondary schoolwork must be submitted for evaluation to determine that acceptable minimum requirements have been met. 
  • Proof of completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in your native country, will also be accepted. 
  • MUD is authorized to issue I-20 documentation for M-1 visas for students who are enrolled at school. 
  • MUD’s I-20 document is only valid for an M-1 visa and can only be provided for the period of time during which the student is registered at MUD.
  • Students will be required to provide MUD with financial records, to establish that they will have sufficient funds to cover the costs of tuition, materials and living expenses during their stay in the U.S. 

We’re here to help.

For more information about required documentation and how to obtain your visa, please contact a MUD Admissions Advisor.